Thursday 15 November 2012

50's Fashion Photography • indianrose

Hello there!

So it's a cold, gloomy November afternoon here in London and after a day of attempting to write a uni essay, I decided on a topic for this blog post: 50s fashion photography.  In between flicking through English textbooks and scribbling away making notes, I found myself daydreaming about how much I (weirdly) miss having to take photos.  I took photography at A Level so the majority of my free time up until May this year was spent thinking about/taking photos.

What prompted the nostalgic daydreaming was probably my recent (and definitely unnecessary) purchase of Vogue.  Whenever I flick through the glossy pages of Vogue or Elle, I'm always drawn to the photographs that are in black and white; probably because they're reminiscent of the elegant, opulent fashion photography synonymous with the 50s that I absolutely adore.  Going back to my Photography A Level, I did part of my coursework on 50s fashion photography so I thought I'd just share some of my favourite images by the renowned fashion photographers Irving Penn, Richard Avedon and Horst P. Horst.






Shrena xox

1 comment: